The Hick and other oddities

There is certainly no doubt that the "Bird the Hick" post was bizzare and
difficult to understand. Nor was there any doubt that it would be flammed
and scrutinized given the composition of this list.

However, I must say that this list has changed drastically in the past year
and this is difficult for me to understand. Although I rarely post a
comment, I read everthing that is posted. Living in Vermont without the
benefit of cable, a dish, a decent newspaper or even a local bar, I have
relied on this list for information and Celtics brotherhood even though I
was a passive participant.

Now, I find that more and more of the stuff that is written contains less
and less information and thought. TJ, Dorine, Gene, Mishra, Bill, Jason,
Nault etc. etc. etc. are quieter than ever.

What the hell is going on? Any thoughts? Can we come to some agreement
about where mutual interests lie and concentrate a bit in those areas?

Just venting I guess. Also Bird is not, and never was a hick (whatever that
is). He is a consumate professional who delivers a maximal effort to his
employer which is the Pacer organization presently. He owes us nothing! We
had our chance.

Peter

pmoses@zoo.uvm.edu

Peter L. Moses, MD