yesterday's events

Does anyone besides me feel that Larry stole Robert's show yesterday?

I think that the celtics shouldn't have made Robert Parish day on the same day
as Bird's first return to Boston.  I didn't see what the local media did
because i'm in Pennsylvania right now, but NBC totally overhyped Bird's
return.  Iit wasn't until late in the second quarter when they went to
Hannah Storm in the NBC studio that it was even mentioned that Robert's number
was being retired.  When they showed the various signs that the fans at the
game made, more of them were for Larry than the Chief.

I know that they wanted to do it on a day when Larry would have been in town,
but they could have done it on a day when the Pacers weren't playing, or they
could have done it on Larry's SECOND time back in Boston.  That way less of
the attention would have been on his return.

Jeff