Bird the Hick

Larry Bird is still a hick. The hick from Indiana still hasn't learned how
to get along with the world off the basketball court. At present, living
off his past laurels, he is popular because he has been out of site for
awhile. He has inherited a team that will be a contender at best for the
2-5 spots in the NBA for a year or two. Why because they are getting older.
Let's see what happens when they start the rebuilding phase. My bone with
Larry is his arrogance. Did he give the Celts or Pitino any credit for
gains we have made as a team? Haven't seen any remarks from him. Oh yes he
said "Definitely my biggest win since I've been coaching" Down deep he
feels the Celts organization let him down, by letting him go. Only a big
hug with Miller after the game, as if it were the 7th game of the playoffs.
Bird's statement about the All Star game "I have no desire to coach an All
Star game" and "I have no desire to go to an All Star game" Just who the
hell does he think he is? No wonder he never really got along w/McHale.
Another quote "I have no ties to this building, I loved that place next
door" You just know anybody else would have said something nice about the
new facility and the new Celtic start. He's living in the past. After the
way the Celts gave him and his team the run around Sunday I think the
Pacers are a little overblown, even though their #2 in the Eastern
Conference. He could be a great promoter of the NBA, but he isn't. He
should realize the applause will start to fade as time moves on. Love ya
Larry, but your still a hick.