Joe Smith???

Well I have been hearing these trade rumors (jeez there sure are a lot of
them involving the Celtics) about Joe Smith, and I just wanted to add my 2
cents on the situation.  I say it would be stupid to trade for Smith,
because this team is in the rebuilding process and is going to make no run
for a championship this year, so why bring in a guy like him.  Also, Smith
is going to be a free agent at the end of the year, and the Celtics should
not and will not pay him the huge money that he wants (he said he wants
Kevin Garnett like money).  If this team was making a serious run to go
deep into the playoffs I would understand, but lets not kid ourselves, this
team isn't going to make a serious run for the championship for quite some
time.

Thanks for reading,
Tim

rnault@ptialaska.net