Re: Billups & Walker

>Again the first point guard taken and the 3th pick overall shouldn't
>have such severe problems seeing the floor.

I don't know who the first point guard taken in the draft was, but it
wasn't Billups, because he wasn't a point guard.  The Celtics obviously
think he can be trained as a point guard, probably because of his size and
athleticism, and that his shooting ability (which is good, in spite of your
condescending, mocking comments that I deleted) would be a bonus.  I think
it would be understandable for a player not accustomed to being a point
guard in college, to have trouble adjusting to it in the NBA.  Fortunately,
those who have some idea of what they are doing are giving him some time to
develop.  Sure, it would have been nice for Billups to develop his skills
more in college.  But he didn't, he made himself available for the draft
last year, and at that spot, the Celtics thought he was the best pick.  I
doubt it was because they thought he could jump right in and be an all-star
guard.

Matt