Re: WNBA in Boston

While I agree that Theresa and our other lady listers are an intregal
part of our Celts world and look forward to their messages. I also
should have the right to dislike the WNBA and Womens Hoops in general. I
reside in Tempe and the Phoenix Mercury are the home team. I tried to
watch some of the TV games and went to three games in person but just
can not get into it as I do with mens hoops. I do support the ladies
playing and am glad to see the popularity for the WNBA rising but am
afraid the style of play just bores me. I am also glad to see the faces
of the young ladies in attendance with huge smiles on their faces due to
the fact they finally have role models of their own gender to look up to
!! I hope it continues to gain in popularity and I think it will
actually become accepted as readily as the NBA. One poster mentioned an
integration of the NBA and WNBA , but I don't see it happening and
believe it would be to the detriment of the ladies to do so. The WNBA is
here to stay IMO so everyone better get use to it and even if it isn't
your cup of tea at least don't pray for its demise.Just my thoughts and
YMMV. Later.Mike