RE: Channel 38

Kim Malo wrote:
>Sorry about the tirade. As someone who has to listen to too many genuinely
>patronizing remarks <g> from guys who buy into sterotypes about women and
>sports (among my leaast favorites: gee, I've never seen a girl watch a game
>so intently -you must think one of the guys is really cute, right?) I get a
>bit hyper over anything that seems to perpetuate them.

Amen.  Been there.  Hated it. Years ago when my son was interested in
playing recreation league basketball, there was a plea for coaches.  I
volunteered but had to be very insistent to have anyone take my name and
phone number.  It was like I was invisible to the guy with the clipboard!
I got a call pretty quickly --- would I like to coach girl's softball?  It
wasn't until several years later that the league accepted women as coaches
for the boys' basketball teams.

Thank you to Dorine for the crowd update.  It seemed strange to me that the
crowd would have been "sparse" as reported.  Maybe the reporter called in
the report from her home.

Aimee