Antoine's $$$

>I saw it and it made me sick. I always hated playing with selfish ballhogs
>like that and I wonder how long it will take the other Celtic players to get
>tired of it. I can't see going over the cap and spending 10-20 million of
>year, not to mention the future of your franchise, on a guy with this kind of
>mentality.
>
>DJessen33

How many assists did Walker have in Seattle? You know, since the All Star
break Walker's game has gone into a funk. I hear a lot about players not
being worth "all that money" on this list. A good example is Kevin Garnett.
Have any of you guys seen him play?!? Have any of you guys actually looked
at his numbers in comparison to other players'. How old is this kid? To be
honest, defensively, offensively, any way you look at it, Kevin Garnett's
only weakness is youth. He has the full game. On top of that, he actually
plays with real live NBA players. You know what, they paid him all that
money, he asked for all that money, because he's worth it. If he keeps
getting better, what do you think his games going to be like in five years,
with two years left on that contract!?! Walker's played 1 1/2 seasons in
the NBA. He's had some really good games. Lately, during this road trip,
he's had some mediocre, and less than mediocre ones. He's played enormous
minutes because without him, the team truly sucks. He has all the skills.
He's extremely competitive. He had how many assists in Seattle? I think
it's safe to say that until Anderson arrived, at any time on the court
Walker was the team's best scorer, rebounder and passer. He made the All
Star team for a reason. He's a kid. He wants to be a star, no doubt about
it. He wants to excel. As Jerry West has often said, never give up on
talented young players. They need to grow up, just like any other kid.
Nobody knows what Walker's head is going to be like in five years. If any
of you, including Pitino, think that this team is going to sign Walker for
anything less than 10 mill....I suggest a higher dose of Prozac. Mercer has
a nice game. A rebounder? As good a passer? Mercer has a very nice game.
Eddie Jones has a very nice game. But in the fourth quarter of close games,
if Eddie doesn't toatally disappear, it remains, at best, unremarkable,
and... nice. Walker has the potential, and he's proven it, to dominate. I
think he's shown the ability to make a truly untalented team, a better one.
He is the future of the Celtics. If they low-ball this kid, and he leaves,
this franchise is in the tank for another decade.

Paul M.