Re: announcers in general

>The smartest is Hubie Brown, but his voice makes Cousy sound like Mel
>Torme.  The worst in America is Dick Stockton, a true company man who
>doesn't know anything except how not to offend his bosses, and
>provides so much white noise on TV.

Forgive my ignaorance, but what is "white noise"?

>Isiah's disappointing.

Isiah is more than disappointing-he's terrible.

>For some reason, the three best people are all glued to halftime
>anchor desks.  Cheryl Miller, who we've talked about; Vescey, who
>knows five times more about what's going on in the league
>than everyone else combined;

Cheryl is very good.  Vescey knows a lot about "behind the scenes"
stuff, but Hubie has more, if not "too much" game knowledge.  Hubie may
know more about the *game* of basketball than anyone else.  While he was
a better than average coach (who taught RP a thing or two-check out RP's
book Born to Coach), he is bron to be a B-ball color guy.

>and John Salley, who is really good if you haven't seen him.

After seeing Salley's racist comments during the playoffs last year "The
league wants the Jazz to be in the Finals because they have the big
snowy mountains on their jerseys.  They want that because that is where
all of the white people go to ski" He also had some pot shots at Karl
Malone, things pertaining to how he isn't "really black".  Pure racist
BS.  "Old" Spiderman was a punk, but entertaining player. Karl Malone is
a far better player & person than him & that other racist (Barkley).

I am prepared to be bar--qued for this. Flame me if you wish...
Uncle Odie