Re: Billups vs. Vancouver

Cecil Wright wrote:

 I don't see the need to discredit his performance based off who the opponent was.  This is the NBA and you take the good with the bad.  To his credit Chauncey has had nothing but superlatives to say about his stay in Boston, even though I'm sure he was affected by the constant criticizm he endured even when he played well.  Too bad we fans can't show the same amount of respect in return.  He did have some outstanding games against some of the best teams in the league.
I agree. It is too bad we couldn't keep Chauncey as a third (mainly shooting) guard - he is  already a very good defender, cool under pressure, and a classy person. I think Toronto will not be disappointed, as long as they don't expect point guard play from Chauncey. We also did well, filling a gaping hole at PG. My only gripe with the trade is that we didn't  ship Travis off for, say,  a jug of maple syrup.

For those that did not see the Ch. 38 broadcast...
Other than Sabonis's passing (which I've been fortunate to watch since Sabas was 16), Cousy & Heinsohn provided the entertainment last night. At one point late in the game, Cousy had to do a plug for the Sinbad show, which included the mention of Snoop Doggy Dog as a guest in the upcoming episode. Heinsohn was in a funk by that time, and started repeating after Cousy,  louder and louder: "Snoop Doggy Dog!", "Snoop Doggy Dog!!". Cousy ended the plug by assuring Tommy that "Rebecca and I will be watching" so sarcastically that I could almost see the brass at UPN 38 recoiling with horror. My wife and I were laughing our heads off. Unfortunately, if the lack of "positivism" about the product on the floor will not do Cousy in, his flippant attitude towards the stuff he has to plug during broadcasts almost surely will.

K. Kveraga