Re: Billups vs. Vancouver

-----Original Message-----
From: Kevin Robertson <kroberts@asid.org>
To: celtics <celtics@igtc.COM>
Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 5:37 PM
Subject: Billups vs. Vancouver

*****

ummmm... no

Billups scored 27 points and led a win against Vancouver (ooohhh... tough).

Anderson had 19 points, 6 assists and keyed a win against Seattle.

hmmm... Seattle... Vancouver

I'll take Seattle. Definitely.

I don't see the need to discredit his performance based off who the opponent was.  This is the NBA and you take the good with the bad.  To his credit Chauncey has had nothing but superlatives to say about his stay in Boston, even though I'm sure he was affected by the constant criticizm he endured even when he played well.  Too bad we fans can't show the same amount of respect in return.  He did have some outstanding games against some of the best teams in the league.

Does this mean if we lose to the Warriors or Nuggets again, and the Raptors defeat the Bucks or Nets, that Kenny's should be scorned?  I don't believe that.

Cecil