Re: Upcoming schedule

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan McIntyre <jmc@ptc.com>
To: celtics@igtc.COM <celtics@igtc.COM>
Cc: jmc@ptc.com <jmc@ptc.com>
Date: Monday, February 23, 1998 6:11 PM
Subject: Upcoming schedule

>Assuming the Celtics are within 2 or 3 games of a playoff spot at the
>end of March, we should see a very exciting finish to the season, in
>which every game will have at least double the meaning of a normal game.
>Assuming Anderson will have adjusted to Pitino ball by then, and
>everyone's healthy, I think the Celtics will win about 7 or 8 of those
>last 10 exciting games.

I wish I could share your optimism Jon, but at this rate, we looking at the
lottery in a dogfight with Sacramento.  The boys don't lack in effort, but
the consistency is just not there yet.  (Geez do I sound like Cooz)
Fleet visitors in March will include Portland, Utah, Washington, Atlanta,
Detroit, Philly and Miami.  How many wins do we expect?  I expect 3.  The
Wiz, Pistons and Sixers and maybe Atlanta.

The C's travel to Indiana, Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, Chicago, Jersey, Philly
and Miami.  How many wins can we expect from this group?  I hope for at
least 2. The Mavs and Sixers.  But I hope we can surprise someone else like
Houston, but remember that these games will have meaning for those teams as
well.  By the time we get to April, it'll be too late.  And I don't see us
winning 7 of 10 anyway having to play Orlando twice, Cleveland twice,
Indiana, New York, Jersey, MIlwaukee, Detroit and Washington.

That's a Cecilian expectation of 5, maybe 6 wins folks for the month of
March.  I HOPE I'M WRONG!!

Cecil

I think that unless Mr. Antoine Walker shakes his current mysterious case of
playing well below his basketball abilities, we won't have a chance to win
more than 5 for the entire month