Re: Pitino's show

Theresa Lee said:
> I only caught the last few minutes of the show this week. The feature at
> the end was with the strength coach. His two biggest projects?
>
> Walter McCarty and Travis Knight.  He talked about how McCarty has actually
> shrunk since his college days (a RP aside: "what did those Knicks do to our
> boy?" to which the strength guy replied: "I can't get into that.")

Actually, because of the road trip, they couldn't tape any new segments with
Pitino, so that segment was a repeat from an earlier show, and we already
discussed it here on the list a few weeks ago when it first aired.
Pitino's line was a classic, though.  Now that I saw it a second time,
I could tell Pitino was trying to set it up, by getting Sean Brown, the
strength coach, to comment on how they'd gotten Walter's weight up in
college, and he lost it all the year with the Knicks.  I think the
actual quote was:

"How dare those Knicks do that to our baby!"

and as you mentioned Sean diplomatically declined to comment while stifling
a laugh.  I was almost on the floor the first time I heard it!

The only part of the show that wasn't a repeat was a brief interview with a
priest who's a very good friend of Pitino's, and who sits behind the Celtic
bench at every home game.  Lobel and the priest commented on the wide
diversity of friends Pitino has, with the priest being "at one end of the
spectrum".

Jon Mc