Billups

Hi, Sashi,

	While I am happy that Billups had a good game and agree that his
shot looks pretty good, he did shoot 5-13 from the floor last night and had
5 turnovers.

	I agree with the Billups as 2-guard argument.  He is not a point
guard.  He has an opportunity to be one of the better guards in the league,
a la another 6-3 guard by the name of Joe Dumars.  But Kenny Anderson, in
two games, has shown more point skills than Billups did in his 45 as a
Celtic.

	I think both teams benefitted from the trade, but I think the Celts
are decidedly better as a unit and a team with a rejuvenated Kenny Anderson
running the team than they are with Billups and Dee Brown dribbling slowly
up court, heads down.  And the logjam at guard has eased somewhat, which is
good.

	I'm also heading down the road to thinking that Walker might be
better suited as a small forward.  At least that's what Pitino seems to
think, as the small forward position is wide open.  Neither Minor, nor
McCarty, nor Jones provide real stiff competition at that position.  With
Kenny Anderson we have a legitimate upper tier veteran point guard.  With
Mercer we have a young All-Star in the making.  Walker is a young-All-Star,
albeit one in a pretty deep funk right now.  Bet he's thinking about the
money.

	This summer, an ideal situation would land us a top free agent and
a good draft pick (perhaps trading up?) to give us something vaguely
resembling a front line.  I personally like Austin better than Geiger, but
I think Austin's going to either Utah or Phoenix.

	Has anyone seen this kid Michael Olowokandi?  He's putting up good
numbers (21/11) in a weak division but in non-conference play he did well
against teams like Stanford, though they lost close games.

	Is he a legit 7-foot?  Is he mobile?  Does he have an NBA body? Any
info would be appreciated, 'cause if he's seen as a Foyle-type project, he
may slip up.  But maybe he wouldn't be a Foyle...

Chris