Scottie Pippen/Cap Room

First off, I am in disagreement that Anderson's contract doesn't count against
our cap. One, because, remember we have Dino Radja's against ours this year.
Also, I remember that last year Marty Conlan had a million dollar cap number
against Phoenix's cap while he played for us. This is some of the same
situation. I also remember much of this discussion in the past with Dee Brown;
we would pick up some of the salary and it would count against cap for us.
Check out Dave Dellasandro's column in the Sporting News about the original
Toronto/Portland Trade. It seems to point out that Anderson's contract would
save the the Raptors considerable cap room. As far as Pitino's comments on
WEEI, I have no knowledge of what he said, but possibly he said that the two
guys they got would give them an additional 2.2 in room, not just that figure.
The fact is that we would pay none on Anderson's contract, so why would it
count against our cap? It doesn't make much sense.
Now onto Scottie Pippen. I really want to see that happen. While we could
undoubtedly we could use a big man(we still being mentioned for Ike in trade
talks), Pippen would be a much better fit. One, he's a better player. Two, he
is a great 3. He can handle the ball, he can score and he can defend. We know
that Pitino loves Pippen as evidenced with the possible trade last June. I
also think that if we do have that 7.5 to 8 million in cap room that we will
sign Scottie. We know that Pippen is most likely a goner from Chi-town. Not
many teams have significant cap room to sign Pippen. Phoenix is a possibility
for him, but if we have around 8 million as I believe then we can definitely
compete finacially with the Suns. Pippen also sounded as if he wanted to come
here last year during the brief flirtation of a trade. I also know that he is
up there in age, but I would definitely sign him to a 4 year deal.

Just some thoughts.