Re: I hate peter may

>Once and for all:  Billups was not a point guard.  We have Mercer at shooting
>guard.  Was he in favor of playing chauncey at small forward?  So off he
>goes, for an all star-caliber floor general.  All this speculation about
>"small guards" and "older" players and the "impulsive" Pitino are stupid
>griping which I might expect from such horse's ass on WEEI, but not from the
>main sources of celtics news I have to rely on. Why don't you just report the
>news, you jerk, and leave yourself and your views out of it.

>Josh

Please Josh...don't be shy...you can tell us how you really feel. I have to
admit though, I agree with your assessment of the trade. I don't think
anyone can argue that Pitino hasn't made mistakes. Billups was probably his
biggest. Pitino gets paid a lot of money to get high draft picks right. He
was given three and six on a platter, and he screwed up. However, I think
he once again weasled his way out of it pretty well. If Pitino keeps
Billups for another year, and he still shows limited skills at the point,
his trade value goes down. At 6'2'' he's a small shooting guard. If Pitino
really believed in his gut that Billups wasn't going to make it, why have
patience? I've said it before, Anderson is the best point guard this
franchise has seen in years. A lot of years. He's tradeable. He has real
talent. He can win games for any team in the league right now. Pitino's
been all over the place, but you have to admit he's not afraid to make a
mistake. Last year the Celtics were a joke. They now have more wins,
arguably more talent, and when the salary cap goes up at the end of the
year, they'll have somewhere between 6 and 8 mill. to spend. Unlike Josh, I
like Peter May a lot. Like Josh...May's fiesty. I like reading his columns.
I like Josh's posts. It's basketball...no big deal. May's opinions
are....entertaining. But May's wrong on this one. The team should get more
wins with Anderson than with Billups. Anderson should make things easier
for other players on the team. Everyone should benefit, and develop nicely.
He can be traded for either cap room or real talent. This trade has, as
they say, a lot of up-side. And Pitino continues to get lucky.

Paul M.