RE: Salaries

Here is a list of the players, there current year salaries, and last contract year, as posted by Ramani on 1/31.  I cut the four players who are gone from that list, led by Brown's 3.5MM per ending in 2001 and Billups 2.4MM.  I added Anderson based on local info from the Blazers.  I left off Popeye and Tabek, as I don't have it easily and I am not sure it matter, except for future cap/FA scenarios. They free up about 2.3MM total.

Our team... the cap and player's salary and when contract is up.

Boston Celtics			  Approx. $29.0 mill

K. Anderson - '03		 $5.0 mill
    Solid starting veteran PG, who if he stays healthy, could be a bargain and a great pick-up.
    Wearing #7 proudly.  Nobody complained about Tiny's height.

D Barros - '01                   $3.4 mill
    Once upon a time this spark plug could kill defenses with his trey. (could again)

 D Radja - waived             $2.5 mil
    Would be a very cheap 20-10 man if he'd not been banished. (maybe for Denver)

G Minor - '01                    $2.2 mill
    Solid 2/3 who's not a Pitino favorite, so don't expect to see much. (could surprise)

 P Ellison - '00                  $2.1 mill
    Even by today's money, he's overpaid, but he's got  a nice 'do. (who cares)

 T Knight - '04                   $2.0 mill
    Young, enthusiastic, 7-foot, & tries hard. What more do you want? (rebounding)

 A Walker - '99                  $1.9 mill
     Last year in ages this stud will not be the C's highest paid player. (the man)

 R Mercer - '00                   $1.8 mill
    Excellent tools, and a modest, hardworking guy. We  love Mercer (future all-star)
.
 A DeClercq -  '02               $1.2 mill
    Pasty workaholic who can get abused in the paint by bigger guys. (solid Celtic player)

 W McCarty - '99                  $860 K
     Quickly becoming a fan favorite with his energy and attitude. (solid bench player)

 D Jones - '99	                   $795 K
    Offensive swingman who needs a lot of seasoning to  make it.