So what's a good point guard?

> It is obvious that Billups is not (yet?) a point guard.  Dana is not
> really a point guard either, though he has been doing an admirable job.
> Tyus Edney is a point guard, but he is too short.

I'm sorry, but I just can't keep quiet any more.  So is
Muggsy Bogues not a good point guard because he is too short?
This kind of reasoning just kills me.

I'd like to hear what your definition of a "good point guard" is.

It seems to be that the ONLY good ball movement that happens
with the Cs these days is when Tyus is driving.  But nobody
recognizes this because he's not a flashy scorer, and you guys
dismiss him as a "scrub".  I could see Tyus playing decent
minutes for many teams... are the Celtics fans just too elite,
looking for the perfect PG? (I know you guys are used to the
best).

Maybe I just don't get it.. but it's killing me to watch
Pitino crushing Tyus' career because he's not a scorer.
Am I wrong in believing that a true point guard has a place
in the NBA anymore?

Please be gentle,
Nancy