Re: Pitino

You guys are apparently misunderstanding me.  I am not saying he is a
"liar", just that most of what he says doesn't really mean anything because
when you get right down to it he does what he thinks he needs to do,
whether or not it goes against what he said only a few weeks ago.  He said
he wasn't going to come to Boston.  Well he did and he got big money for
it.  He said he wasn't going to draft Ron Mercer, well he did at a pretty
low pick.  He said he like Chauncey Billups and that he was a future star.
Well he traded him.  All I am saying is that you can't buy too much into
the things that he says, at least from a basketball standpoint.  I don't
think anybody really can or will argue on that fact.

Tim

>> >If there is anything I have learned about Rick Pitino since he joined
>> the
>> >Celtics, it is that you cannot trust anything this guy says.
>>
>> You are entitled to your opinion Tim, but I think that you are
>> over-reacting.  Maybe you will feel better when he gets the C's another
>> banner in the next 3 years.
>
>I must agree here.  None of us, that I know of, has a personal relationship
>with RP.  Many posts have called him a liar, etc.  Pitino does what any
>good businessman would do (ie Pat Riley, Kevin McHale), position himself
>with his words.    We don't have a good enough team to get so emotionally
>involved.  Almost every response I heard on this list last year talked
>about how losing was terrible, and longing for the championship days.
>    Again, RP is a proven winner, everywhere he has been.  He also must
>find people is is comfortable coaching and who fit his system.  If Kenny
>Anderson fits that mode, then so be it.
>    I am very surprised that, after all of the complaints I've seen on
>Billups, there are nearly as many complaints about his (and Dee's !)
>leaving.

rnault@ptialaska.net

Visit the PatriotsPage at:
http://www.ptialaska.net/~rnault/PatriotsPage.html