re Comments on Travis

>Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 08:57:52 -0500
>From: Chris Littlefield <chris@mjr.com>
>Subject: Comments on Travis
>
>I was in a good mood before.  This comment has to be one of the best I've
>ever heard out of the list:
>

>"Travis:  terrible.  weak, a butterfingers, couldn't hit his shot, and I
could
>carve a better defender out of a bananna.  I wonder if Jerry West would take
>him back?"
>

>"I could carve a better defender out of a banana."
>
>That's priceless!
>

>Go Josh!

Jerry West always had more basketball brains than the Celts organization
put together. Just witness the success of the Lakers as opposed to the
Celts through recent years. This should change with the wizardry of Pitino.
Knight is just bait right now to catch bigger fish either through a trade
or draft. Another point is not to get to comfy with players and think they
have to last a lifetime with the team. As cruel as it may sound, look what
happened to us  holding on to Bird, McHale and Parish so long. I think the
days of that kind of loyalty are over. Hire em, pay em, and move on when
the need to arises.