Re: re Comments on Travis

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998 20:32:10 -0500, you e-mailed me these thoughts:

>As cruel as it may sound, look what happened to us  holding on to Bird, McHale and Parish so long. I think the
>days of that kind of loyalty are over. Hire em, pay em, and move on when
>the need to arises.

Nothing happened to us except for pleasure.  Bird, McHale, and Parish
filled all the seats fro many years after they began to decline.
These three also displayed loyalty back to the fans.  Could you
actually picture a 1989 headline that says "Auerbach trades Bird?"

The problem came from the old ghosts, Bias and Lewis and Dee Brown's
unfortunate knee accident from which he never fully recovered and
incompetent management like Dave Gavin.

If walker and mercer are our "new celtic family"  i hope they keep
them in their old age.  The question is when do you become a part of
the new celtic family?  You are right that most players aren't into
loyalty as much as money, shoe ads, and status.  They all say now,
"this is business."  Then they turn around and decline to be traded
like Radja and Seikaly.  Sad.

-steve

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the PitinoPalace by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html
We're Back!!!!!