Anderson does Count against Cap

Ok, A few people have already gotten this right, but lets settle this once and for all.  Under the current collective bargaining agreement, there is no way for one team to trade a player but not the salary cap room.  If you own a players contract, that full contract counts against the cap...no exceptions.  Anderson's entire contract counts against the Celtics salary cap, and it goes up by roughly 1 million a year for the next 5 years.

On a similar note.  Even if Dino Radja comes back to the NBA, the remianing 2.8 million a year counts against the Celtics cap.  The reason: we waived him.  When you waive a player, and no one signs him in a 2 week period, you count his contract against the cap for the remainder of his contract even if he plays with another team.  This is how we were paying Marty Conlon league minimum while he was pulling down over 1.5 million from his previous contract - which was still in effect.

There is no way to waive a player and then trade him such that the receiving team does not have to take the salary cap hit.

Adam