Some Logic(Gulp)

        In this day of outragous player contracts the C's eliminated one
major problem. Due to cap constraints, you can only offer free agents
(whether they be yours or someone elses) A 20% raise if you are over the
cap. We had Billups and Mercer. both contracts expire at the same time and
day. This in turn meant that while one was paid big bucks the other could
only get 20%. Which means we probably would have lost one of them anyways!!!
Also on this note Pitino said at the begining " My main goal is to build
value in the Boston Celtics".
        The C's faced the same situation as NE Patriots five years ago. A
team that is over budget and going nowhere.( does Bill Parcells ring a bell)
By being over budget we have absolutly no chance in the free agent market.
This leads to the next question, Do we need any free agents?? You can bet
your bottom WE DO!!!
        Now we face the facts!! Is KA a better point than Chauncy right now??
I would hope you realize yes is the answer to this question.( this might not
be true in the long run) The other two(Tabak and Jones) were mearly
scapegoats, Doh capgoats!! The next fact is Kenny has much more market value
next summer. With Paul Allen picking up KA's contract next year also, If
Pitino doesnt like what he sees and trades him next summer that paultry 2.5
mill under the cap jumps to a whopping 7.5 mill. This will be enough money
to get a good player of your choice!! I believe Antonio McDyss is a free
agent this summer. Also with Allen picking up Andersons salary, The C's
would make that team pick up another salary of ours(Minor, Barros,
Ellison)This clears another 3-5 mill in cap money!!
        At this point all I can say is HAVE FAITH. I know if ML made this
deal He would be tarred and feathered!!! I honestly believe Pitino has some
serious plans for this team to be able to compete for many years to come,
not just this year or next.
               JIm