From: Adam Suchocki <Twilight@world.std.com>
To: 'Shawn Roth' <ufpdev!shawnr@uunet.uu.net>; celtics@igtc.com
<celtics@igtc.COM>
Subject: Anderson does Count against Cap
Date: Friday, February 20, 1998 7:22 AM

Ok, A few people have already gotten this right, but lets settle this once
and for all.  Under the current collective bargaining agreement, there is
no way for one team to trade a player but not the salary cap room.  If you
own a players contract, that full contract counts against the cap...no
exceptions.  Anderson's entire contract counts against the Celtics salary
cap, and it goes up by roughly 1 million a year for the next 5 years.

On a similar note.  Even if Dino Radja comes back to the NBA, the remianing
2.8 million a year counts against the Celtics cap.  The reason: we waived
him.  When you waive a player, and no one signs him in a 2 week period, you
count his contract against the cap for the remainder of his contract even
if he plays with another team.  This is how we were paying Marty Conlon
league minimum while he was pulling down over 1.5 million from his previous
contract - which was still in effect.

There is no way to waive a player and then trade him such that the
receiving team does not have to take the salary cap hit.

Adam