Re: Scottie Pippen/Cap Room

> From JThorneST@aol.com Wed Feb 18 19:34:32 1998

> First off, I am in disagreement that Anderson's contract doesn't count against
> our cap. One, because, remember we have Dino Radja's against ours this year.
> Also, I remember that last year Marty Conlan had a million dollar cap number
> against Phoenix's cap while he played for us. This is some of the same
> situation.

No this is not the same situation because both Dino Radja & marty Conlon were
waived by there respective teams. The rule is that if a player is waived then
his contract counts against the cap rooom of the team that waived him and any
other team has the right to sign that player <cap room permiting or the NBA
minimum> for whatever the player and the team agree.

> I also remember much of this discussion in the past with Dee Brown;
> we would pick up some of the salary and it would count against cap for us.

If you remember the Douglas trade i.e. Douglas to Milwaukee for Todd Day. The
C's ate 1/3rd of the Douglas's salary but his actual salary counted against
Milwaukee's cap. You could verify this on Patrcia Bender's site.

> Now onto Scottie Pippen. I really want to see that happen. While we could
> undoubtedly we could use a big man(we still being mentioned for Ike in trade
> talks), Pippen would be a much better fit.

Pippen is a 15 mill dollar player and one can be rest assured that if the Bulls
renounce him he will go either to Phoenix or the Lakers.
                                       - Mishra