RE: 7.3 Million in Cap Room

Well as I said earlier I am virtually 100% certain on the fact as well.  The cap burden goes with the player.  The fact that Paul Allen did or did not pick up the financial implications of his contract is not relevant with regards to the cap.  Just to clear this matter up, I called the show with Kermit and Myhcal Thompson here in Portland this afternoon, and they actually laughed at me when I asked for the sake of the list, did Portland keep the cap burden with the money.  Kermit said "no owner would ever except these terms, no would the league allow it".  Read the media reports they say Allen just pays the bill.  The Blazers may be the cap now, but might not be in 2 or 3 years, and wouldn't suffer because of this silly implication.

For everyone again, Whatever we get from the Tabek and Jones is it.  We got Anderson for 5 years and the cap space to keep him.  Those who think the Celtics get cap relief on this deal, must think a cap is something you where to the ball game, or to keep your head warm.

I am sorry to beat this horse to death, but I have a big problem with total fantasy implications regarding matters like this.  Pitino himself said so, and who else would we believe in this matter?

Let's move on and hope the 19 point lead holds up in Vancouver.

BTW I guess this will make the game in Portland on Sunday I will be attending, a little more interesting with Anderson's return to Portland.  His visits to Toronto should interesting next year too.