The Jury's out

Before we all start hyperventilating, let's pause to think what really
happened....basketball wise, that is.

We now have a good, consistent point guard....a must in this system,
particularly to stimulate that tired offense!!! If anyone watched the game
last night, you would have seen the world of difference when Edney was in
the game (ok, he did get nailed defensively). He moved the ball toward the
hoop consistently....not laterally like Chauncy does. I like Chauncy's
potential, but after watching Edney's play last night, it reminded me just
what a point guard is supposed to do and how easy basketball can look and
be when you have someone who feeds teammates for easy baskets...another
thing that we all complain doesn't happen with this team. I think Anderson
will improve the play of everyone on the team. Why?

Veteran on-floor leadership in the person of the point guard (instead of
Antoine who seems too distracted lately...one gets the feeling that he is
worn down by having to do it all and the pressure is building) and....

Another consistent scorer. Anderson has averaged 12.6 points and 5.4
assists per game for Portland. Chauncy has not been consistent. He has
shown flashes of brilliance, yet so has Dee Brown (ironic that they will
leave town together). Chauncy's scoring average is 11.1 with 4.3 assists.

I am sad for sentimental reasons, but I am trying to think about the good
of the basketball team, not my favorite players. I think Anderson will
improve this team. I do worry about Mercer who I think is close to Billups.
This might throw him for awhile. I also worry about Chauncy's confidence.
How often does the #3 pick get traded halfway through his rookie season?

I also think that he can not and will not be a cancer to the
Celtics....Pitino won't let it fester and there are too many positive
people on the team to have that happen.

Rick Fox and David Wesley are never talked about on this list anymore and
both are having good years. We will forget about Chauncy too....sad, but we
will.

I'm waiting until real games are played to pass judgement on this one.

Theresa