Weighing in on the trade

So this is the team as it stands:

Point - Anderson, Barros, Edney

2-Guard - Mercer, Minor

Sm. Forward - McCarty, Bowen, D. Jones

Pwr. Forward - Walker, Declerq

Ctr - Knight, Ellison

Popeye is out for the year with an ACL.  I doubt he'll ever play a game as
a Celtic.  Tabak is out for at least two more weeks with a thumb injury,
and if Pitino thought Radja wouldn't fit in, he ain't seen nothin' yet.

Billups played better D but was erratic at best.

The C's get 2.25 mil in cap room.  Given current rules, that could be
turned into a 7-year, $30 mill contract.

Or it gets us part of the way to having enough room to sign Tom Gugliotta
this summer.  Figure it'll take about $80-$90 mil, maybe less 'cause of
this ankle injury.

I am not very happy about this trade.  It only works out if Anderson can be
resuscitated.  If he puts up Chauncey numbers rest of the season, Pitino'll
get lynched.  If he returns to All-Star form, and Pitino has said he knows
Anderson well, then we are 2/3's of the way home with a chance at Googs.

Honestly, I hope we're not done trading.  This feels incomplete to me. Or
Pitino has pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

My fingers are crossed.

Chris