Re: Trade Deadline

> From kingpin@primenet.com Thu Feb 12 11:51:00 1998

> Kevin Crawford wrote:

> I like to see the Celts win as much as the next diehard but I don't want
> to let Mercer go. This is a special player and human being if what i
> have seen and read in the media is true. What good is getting Austin if
> he just bolts for a warmer western climate & team after the season? I
> also have mixed feelings about us rushing to  make the playoffs this
> year. Band Aiding isn't IMO the best way to go as we may make the
> playoffs but will likely lose in the first round anyway and will be out
> of the lottery and will have given up Ron and almost assuredly Austin as
> well. I admit it would be  impressive to further the rehabilitation of
> our team and franchise's reputation by  making the playoffs but in the
> long run detrimental if we have to do all of the above in achieving that
> goal. Just my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike

Now that it's apparent that Penny Hardaway is on the trading blocks why worry
about Mash, Austin etc. How about this Mercer + Billups + Knight (or a first
round pick) for Penny Hardaway. If we aquire a strong rebounder during the off
season to add to Walker and Hardaway, we will have the celtics version of the
Bulls. Go ahead Rick pull the trigger this is a much better proposition than the
Pippen trade. - Mishra