Re: Trade Deadline

Kevin Crawford wrote:

> It think I would pull the trigger on Knight and Mercer for Mashburn and
> Austin.  This trade would fill the primary weaknesses on our team and allow
> us to make a run for the playoffs this season.  Shooting Guards are a dime a
> dozen, but good big me are hard to find.

I like to see the Celts win as much as the next diehard but I don't want
to let Mercer go. This is a special player and human being if what i
have seen and read in the media is true. What good is getting Austin if
he just bolts for a warmer western climate & team after the season? I
also have mixed feelings about us rushing to  make the playoffs this
year. Band Aiding isn't IMO the best way to go as we may make the
playoffs but will likely lose in the first round anyway and will be out
of the lottery and will have given up Ron and almost assuredly Austin as
well. I admit it would be  impressive to further the rehabilitation of
our team and franchise's reputation by  making the playoffs but in the
long run detrimental if we have to do all of the above in achieving that
goal. Just my thoughts and YMMV!! Later.Mike