Re: Walker article

> If Walker, Mercer, and Billups each develop as we hope, how is Boston going
> to possibly be able to pay them and also get a decent center?

Walker has been saying all the right things lately about the upcoming
signing circus the Celtics will have to go through.

I don't know Ron or Chauncy personally, but they both strike me as good
guys who aren't going to demand the farm to feed their egos.  I think as
long as they're taken care of they aren't going to seriously rock the
boat. Then again, I heard that Ron has David Falk for an agent.  Better
lace up the combat boots.

Teams like Minnesota have far more to worry about.  Before they can even
catch their breath after signing Garnett, they have to start worrying
about Gugliotta and Marbury.  In a recent Sports Illustrated article,
Marbury expressed no great love for Minnesota (especally the harsh
winters) and hinted he'd love to be in New York.  Poor Kevin McHale.
There should be a betting pool for when his hair will turn grey.

As much as I would love to see certain players in Celtics uniforms, I
would rather see most of them stay with their teams and help develop
identities.  A tip of the hat to Mitch Richmond for toiling all these
years in lowly Sacramento.

Dan