Re: All Star Game Assessment

-----Original Message-----
From: John Lyell <Jlyell@concentric.net>
To: 'Shailendra K Mishra' <smishra@ix.netcom.com>; celtics@igtc.COM
<celtics@igtc.COM>; Dan

>Yeah we tend to be kind of hypocritical at times.  One time we are saying
>give Billups time, he is only 21 and with only two years of college ball.
> The other hey it's the pros experience doesn't count ?  If there is anyone
>that can't see that this kid along with Grant Hill have the best chance to
>be the heir apparent to Jordan I'd have to say they might be a little
>biased or jealous. His performance in the all-star game compared to A.W's
>definitely show his talent which will only get better with experience.

I see his talent but I also see other's talent too, what irks me is,  that
NBC portrayed yesterdays game as if it was Jordan & Kobe and everybody else,
when clearly there were atleast dozen other players either with better or
having equal skills. Regarding his performance in the all star game compared
to AW, he was the focal point of Western conference offense and AW was not.
Checkout there respective performances  when these roles were reversed
during regular season.

>Kobe for Divac ?  Sorry Dave, some poor scouting and that trade will go
>down with the parish trade and taking Sam Bowie over Jordan.

He wasn't going to sign with Charlotte anyway and at that point nobody was
giving any marquee player anyway.

>As far as small market teams,  Kevin Garnett and Marbury seem to have
>received their share of press in a small market ?

Sure, but don't you think, had Marbury been playing for New York, and
averaging what he is averaging, he would  have made it to the all star team?
                                                                      -
Mishra