Re: Fwd: 2-ball

At 10:41 AM 2/9/98 PST, Uncle Odie wrote:

><<I jsut don't like having the WNBA crammed down our throats like the
>Kobe Bryant hype. I do believe they should have the 3-point conest, slam
>dunk, and 2 ball that
>>way there is something for everyone.>>
>
>I am sure that I will get flamed for this, but why do we have to have
>the women at the (mens)NBA All Star game?  I also like hockey, but we
>don't see a hockey and basketball skills competition, do we?  Since we
>are pushing for something for everyone, why not add an event with some
>college players, as well.  oh, what about the CBA...?
>
>This comment does not make me a sexist, but if you want to consider me
>one, I don't mind.

Nah, I'm female and I agree. Don't get me wrong -I like watching the women
play, but this wasn't really the place for it. And guys a lot more sexist
than you come across <g>, are of course blaming the women for it when it was
league marketing gurus behind it. If they want to push the WNBA, they'd have
been better off doing something like having the WBNA allstar game as part of
a double header with the NBA one.

You mention hockey, and this is one thing I thing they do better than any
other sport. So have more different regular 'skills' comepetitions. Frankly
I thought the dunk competition ahd gotten pretty boring the last few years.
So keep the 3 point and add a few more competitive skills competitions.
Maybe a relay game of HORSE among teams of 4 where everyone has to take some
shot, but you get to chose who on each shot. Touchdown/lob into the hoop
competitions among the guards. Yeah, I know, weak ideas. But something more
along those lines.

-Kim
Kim Malo
kmalo19@idt.net