RE: Martin Muursepp

Muursepp has never played for a team from Moscow.
He came as a 17-year to Sweden from Estonia (at that time still
belonging to the Soviet Union). In Sweden he played on both junior and
senior level with a team called Alvik.
I remember seeing him practice in Sweden at that time and people were
amazed with his potential.
One of my best friends coached him back then.
You could easily see that he physically was in reach of NBA, but not
mentally.
After his short stint in Sweden he went to play in Israel, where Maccabi
Tel Aviv tried to make him into a Israeli citizen. He was sent to a
minor club and was frustrated. After a couple of years in Israel he went
back to Estonia to play for Kalev, and that's where he came from when
Utah drafted him (the pick was traded to Miami on the same day).
I spoke to him when he played for Miami and Pat Riley was the best thing
that could have happened to Martin. It was the first time he was with
players matching his potential and a tough coach.
But he is NOT over 7 feet. He is 6-9.
Heat used him as a power forward, but he can play all over the floor. He
has excellent ballhandling skills (I have seen him play pointguard) and
a good outside shot.
He still has a lot to learn about the game, defensively and tactically,
but if he stays in the league he will be a decent player.
He is still young (born -74).

Cheers,
Magnus.