Re: Lamebeer as Coach?

>Bird at the time of the draft, spoke of his great optimism for the future
>of Croshere with the Pacers.  Does anyone here think Bird, with all this
>supposed love/hate stuff surrounding his relationship with the Celtics,
>would actually make any deal with the team.  I don't see it happening any
>time soon.

I can't see why he would not do any deal that would benefit his team.  If
he has something personal against the Celtics, and that interferes with his
ability to pull the trigger on a deal that would help his organization,
then perhaps he is the petty, arrogant, overrated hick that some on this
list insist he is.  But, I have yet to see any evidence of real animosity
against the Celtics, or unprofessionalism by Bird.  Also, I don't know how
much say he has in personnel moves with Indiana.  He isn't acting as GM
also, is he?

Matt