Re: Hunters stupidity

I find this whole "negotiation" by the Union unbelievable.  I never
imagined that this leadership was so weak that they couldn't have worked
out a deal.

The season ticket holders, I know, want the season canceled.  They don't
want to pay $60-$70 per seat to watch what will be, from a quality of
basketball standpoint, an exhibition season.

I like the statement by Stern that there will be a NBA next season, but
maybe with different players, different seat prices and different TV
revenue.

So cancel the season, release all the players from their contracts,
install a hard cap of $1mm per player with non-guaranteed contracts,
hold new tryouts, cut seat, parking and refreshment prices by 2/3's and
play team basketball again.

These owners built this league once before, they can do it again.  I
doubt that many players will choose working at MacDonalds over "playing"
basketball.

In my opinion, this Union management will go down in history for having
"strangled" the golden goose!

<Jim