Re: Hunters stupidity

Jim:

I think the problem with declaring an impasse etc. is that you can't set a
cap then.  You can only do that with a Union.  So, you will have to pay
salaries without the benifit of a CBA.  What will happen is that some owners
will be willing to throw big money on the table and will get a set of
players that will be what?  I think that the problem is the nature of the
game of basketball.  Just having the 5 best players will not give you a
win.  More than any other sport, it requires you to have team chemistry and
personality.  So, I am not sure what will happen with that option.

I received an email from a person in a position to know who states that the
season will occur and that Hunter et al will cave next week.  They then will
declare victory and go on down the road.  What a tremendous loss this all
is.