Re: Charity begins at home

And I'm supposed to lose sleep over this?  Ewing's comments had nothing
to do with any financial advice for players, however badly needed that
might be.  No, he was urging us not to assume, just because someone
makes an awful lot of money, that he HAS an awful lot of money.
Understand?  See, he can't be responsible for how he spends his money,
it's out of his control.  So, please, come along and pay your hard
earned cash to watch some no-defense-allowed, all-star-jam-fest under
the guise of helping UNICEF, and also to provide cash for the poor
underprivileged players of the NBA.  I'd like to see how the cash is
being divided.  One article I saw said the biggest expense would be in
providing $20 million worth of insurance for each player against career
ending injuries.  I want to know just how much UNICEF will see out of
this.  This makes me sick.

Jim