Re: Refund

Of course, with their business acumen, they probably invested the money
at a higher rate of return than they gave you and made money on the
deal.  Where they do lose money is if they have employees who are still
getting paid (has Pitino refused his pay yet?), or mortgage payments on
arenas and such.  But then they probably use that as tax write-offs.
No, the players are the ones losing money, because everything they get
is pure profit.  How much of the owner's 43% actually ends up in his
pocket anyway?  Very, very little.  The owners only need to be careful
not to hurt the league so badly that the long term values of the teams
are affected.  Otherwise they won't be able to sell them for $250
million, or whatever a franchise goes for these days.

Jim