Re: Bulls/Celts Classic Sports

At 10:42 AM 12/4/98 -0500, Theresa Lee wrote:
>At least part of this argument can be solved. Last night I thought I was
>losing my mind when I heard the dulcet tones of Mr. Johnny Most on WEEI.
>
>"Parish decked Laimbeer! He hit him with a left cross and came back with a
>hard right. Laimbeer went down! That's no flop. He went down hard. The
>Celts are lucky he didn't get thrown out of the game.  Maybe it was
>Laimbeer's reputation that kept Parish in the game."
>
>"Rodman just goes around wrapping his arms around everyone. He can't guard
>them."
>
>They were replaying game 4 of the '87 Championship series between Detroit
>and Boston.
>
>"Bird stole the ball!!"
>
>Oh, the happy days gone by.
>
>Anyway, Rodman could not guard Bird or anyone else on the floor as you
>remember.  And as far as rebounding goes....not even he would go against
>Chief...especially after Chief decked Laimbeer.
>
>NOW, I remember why I am a Celtics fan. It was great just to listen to
>Johnny Most say "Bird, DJ, Ainge, Chief, McHale."....just great.

I'd give a lot to see Johnny most tell these idiots to stop "fidling and
diddling, and daddling and doodling and PLAY the GAME!!!"  I'm sad he's
gone, but relieved he didn't live to see this embarassment.

If ever an announcer deserved a place in the Hall of Fame, it's Johnny
Most, the best broadcaster sports ever had, and possibly the most dedicated
Celtics fan.

"Oh, my GOD--Havlicek stole the ball--it's ALL OVER!!"

*sigh*

poof....