Non-C/Curious none the less

I IINE FOR PARCELLS
"ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that the NFL has decided not to punish New
York Jets coach Bill Parcells for a phone call he made to Partriots
quarterback Drew Bledsoe after the Jets beat the Patriots last month.
Parcells called Bledsoe to thank him for talking to him on the field after
the Jets' victory. In the phone call, Bledsoe told Parcells that the
Patriots were beat up and would be without wide receiver Terry Glenn.
Parcells then allegedly passed on that injury information to Miami Dolphins
coach Jimmy Johnson, whose team was playing the Patriots that week. Both
Parcells and Johnson deny that Parcells passed on the injury information.
After commissioner Paul Tagliabue talked with Parcells, he decided that
Parcells' call to Bledsoe was a social one. However, according to Mortensen,
Parcells promised Tagliabue he would not call opposing players again. "

I know this is non-Celtic related, but what the hell has this world come to
when a guy can't make a statement, as in the case of Policy at Cleveland and
Parcells calling a friend no less.  It reminds me of a one time
friend/co-worker of mine telling me after I went to work for a competitor
that he would feel better that neither he or his wife should talk to my wife
and I (all good friends once) for fear of his superiors hearing of some
possible collusion.  My advice to him, Carmen Policy, Parcells or anyone is
get the hell out of my life to the point of telling me who I can or cannot
have for friends.  Neither the NFL or NBA for that matter should have any
ability to over rule the freaking constitution of the USA and the fact that
freedom of speech is as basic as it gets.  I hope Bill takes advantage of
his rights under the second amendment and at least has the chance to get his
point across to management. (Just kidding)

I have in times past studied the life of Henry Ford who I admired allot with
respect to his business success, but when I got to the part about him trying
to force his workers to live the "Ford" lifestyle I lost all respect for the
"man".  This kind of "slave driving" behavior might go over in Iraq or China
but it has no place in this fine country.

Sorry to blow off the steam, but as per my previous post, I gotta somewhere.

Ode