Re: Bulls/Celts Classic Sports

I had no idea Parish decking Laimbeer and Bird's steal came in the same
game.  Boy, that was one for the ages.  If I remember correctly, not
only didn't Parish get ejected, but he didn't even have a foul called on
him!  Remember, at the end of the series, the Celtics walking by the
Detroit bench waving towels at them.  Think winning mattered to them?

As far as Rodman goes, wasn't he on the all-defensive team back then?
I'm not saying I agreed, but wasn't he considered a great defender
before he was anything special on the boards?

Jim

>Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:42:47 -0500
>To: celtics@igtc.com
>From: Theresa Lee <tjoyce@mit.edu>
>Subject: Bulls/Celts Classic Sports
>
>"Parish decked Laimbeer! He hit him with a left cross and came back
with a
>hard right. Laimbeer went down! That's no flop. He went down hard. The
>Celts are lucky he didn't get thrown out of the game.  Maybe it was
>Laimbeer's reputation that kept Parish in the game."
>
>"Rodman just goes around wrapping his arms around everyone. He can't
guard
>them."
>
>They were replaying game 4 of the '87 Championship series between
Detroit