RE: Both Sides Have Lost Perspective

Per this link (thank you Ray):

Michael Curry and St. Nick Van Exel (I can respect him now that he doesn't
play for THAT team) get my vote for President of something, and Patty and
his questionable friend Davey Falk get the big boot if the heavens align
just right:

"DETROIT -- Leave it to former Piston Michael Curry to find a silver lining
in this brutal storm cloud called the NBA lockout.
    "I know (the season) is going to happen," said Curry, who played for
Milwaukee last season. "I am pretty patient, but maybe all of this is a
blessing in disguise. Maybe it has guys thinking about what they are going
to do after the ball stops.
    "I never had the NBA all of my life. So I look at this as being a
privilege to be here. And I treat it like that. Hopefully, by taking it away
from us guys can realize how much of a privilege it is to be in the NBA."
    Curry brings a fresh prospective. After playing for Georgia Southern, he
spent time in the CBA with Omaha and Capital Region and played in Europe for
Valvi Girona (Spain) and S. Clear (Italy). Curry is an honor student in the
basketball school of hard knocks."

    "It is painfully clear that Patrick Ewing, president of the players'
association, lacks the independent thought of past presidents Isiah Thomas,
Buck Williams and Clyde Drexler. In this battle of egos between NBA
Commissioner David Stern and super agent David Falk, you can almost see the
strings which move Michael Jordan and Ewing, the highest-priced puppets in
history.
    Thomas suggested player representative Billy Hunter and Ewing be removed
from the negotiations to give the union fresh blood. Denver guard Nick Van
Exel called for the union to cut its losses and settle."