RE: Just a thought -Reply

Very true.  And Rodman wouldn't get all those rebounds against Birdie.
If you think about it, these guys feast off of a league full of players
with half the talent of the 80's teams.  Pippen's considered a defensive
force, but has he ever had to contend with a player who could take him
out for three as well as post him up and throw bounce passes through his
legs.  Rodman gets a lot of rebounds because today's player boxes out
half the time, if they're lucky.  He also wouldn't get away with as much
of the illegal grabbing and pushing because, if the refs didn't call it,
Bird would flatten him.

Jim

>Date: Thu, 3 Dec 1998 09:28:24 -0500 (EST)
>From: Marc Pierce <karhu@umich.edu>
>To: "Odegaard, Greg M." <GMOdegaa@rmc.com>
>cc: celtics@igtc.com
>Subject: RE: Just a thought -Reply

.  You can't tell me that the 85-86 Celtics wouldn't have beaten the