RE: Just a thought -Reply

Hell yes!
I got involved in a tremendous argument with a friend of mine over this
one.  You can't tell me that the 85-86 Celtics wouldn't have beaten the
crap out of the 95-96 Bulls.  Pippen and Rodman would have had their
hands full with McHale and Bird.  Bird probably wouldn't even have guarded
Pippen, McHale would've.
Moving along, I just picked up an Athlon magazine on the 50 greatest
players.  Not bad, not something I'd have bought if I weren't living in
Sweden and going through serious hoops withdrawal, but with one irritating
aspect.  They also listed their version of the 10 greatest teams of all
time, with the usual suspects: 71-72 Lakers, 70-71 Bucks, 66-67 Sixers,
etc.  But three of the 6 Bulls teams made the list.  Come on!  Why three
of those teams but only one of the Celtics teams that won 8 in a row?
Finally, in response to those Bulls fans who say "If Michael had played in
94 and 95, they'd have won 8 in a row," I say "And if Bill Russell hadn't
sprained his ankle and the Sixers hadn't gone nuts that one year, the
Celtics would have won 13 in a row."
Rant mode off.

Marc Pierce

"You're bound to get idears if you keep thinking about stuff."
	John Steinbeck