At 9:52 -0700 8/28/98, Michael  J.  King  Sr. wrote:
> Let me state I don't mind paying a fair rate for the pleasure of
>getting the games but a disturbing trend has arisen where the local
>broadcast rights are being bought by non Satellite stations.
> Well sorry for prattling on but it is a subject close to my
>heart and CELTIC PRIDE!!! Later.Mike

Thanks, Michael, that's a very interesting post, and I think you should
forward it to the Celtics organization, if you haven't already.
However, I recently spoke to  a cable company covering western NH/eastern
VT in the Lebanon/White River Jnct. area, and they said they were building
a new tower to pick up the "channel that the Red Sox are on". After some
interrogation I established that it was WABU they were picking up. This may
signal a trend that will allow those outside the WABY, WNBU, WZBU broadcast
area and within cable reach to see Celts' road games, at least in New
England. In my thinking, at least, WABU now should be more valuable to
cable/sat providers than WSBK is. Perhaps that's what the Celtics were
counting on - or maybe they were just being stupid with  shortsighted
greed?

K. Kveraga