Re: backhauls

In a message dated 98-08-28 08:00:34 EDT,  esteppjm@conrad.appstate.edu wrote:

<< OnSat used to list in the back of their mag the most used backhaul
locations.
 Guess I'll start subscribing to onsat again! >>

I've found OnSat's listings for backhauls are not nearly as complete as the
Satellite Weekly guide.

I will tell you that the new General Instruments 4DTV receiver lists backhaul
feeds in it's guide. Because it is both digital as well as analog, unless the
signal is encrypted you should be able to receive it. This, of course, applies
more to signals transmitted by a local station which covers the away games of
an NBA team (WABU for the C's, KCAL-9 for the Lakers, UPN affiliate for the
Rockets, KWGN for the Nuggets, etc) rather than one of the Fox Sports Network
affiliates or a Sports Channel affiliate.