RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #298

         Reply to:   RE: The Boston Celtics Mailing List Digest V5 #298
Greg - I have been a fan (maybe one of only a few) of trading for
Campbell. I know there are legit complaints about his intensity, but look at his
size, look at his numbers (10 points, 5+ boards, 1.3 blocks in just 22 mpg
last season; 15 points, 8 boards, 1.5 bpg in 32 mpg in 96-97). He has
played well when not having to coexist under the basket with Shaq. And, at $7
mil, he is cheaper than Austin or Divac will be, probably less than
Ratliff, and maybe equal to what Geiger wants, with the plus that, by trading
for a center rather than signing one as a FA, we would not be losing cap
space. The Lackeys like Travis, we all agree; and they will need a veteran
PG next season, with just Fisher and rookie Lue. Barros, tho' I hate to
lose him, would give them a vet at the point and a damned good outside
shooter, which would complement Shaq.

Celtics-Digest-Owner wrote:

>know this has been discussed before, and I too am not sure about
Campbell
>(what is his contract, value and length?), but what about Knight and
>another cap drain (maybe even Uncle Pervis, if they are sooo desperate)
for