Re: Malone & $20mil

Sherry & Hart wrote:

> Shawn Roth wrote:
> >
> > Pippen is hardly the player that Malone is.  With Malone you know exactly what
> > you are getting, a floor leader with the drive to win, with Pippen you can't be
> > quite sure.  Are you getting the Pippen when he was with Jordan, or the loser
> > he was without Jordan.  Pippen is no leader, and should not be compared to
> > Malone.
> >
> > Shawn
> >
> > P.S.  The Bulls happily paid the best player, who was also aging, in the game 36
> > Million.  When he retired I think that Malone becomes the games best player.
>
> Firstly, there is a vast difference between Jordan and Malone and no
> fair comparison can be made. I think that Malone may be the best of a
> poor lot of Superstars (Shaq, Hill, Hardaway, Payton, Etc.), but none
> that are Jordanesque. With all due respect to Malone and Pippen, they
> ain't good enough to carry a team to win a championship in the same way
> that Michael can. IMO Malone has more downside right now at his age than
> upside. To pay him 20 mill because of his past accomplishments aint
> gonna happen in todays NBA environment. Besides if you pay him all that
> money, for his past deeds, then what are you going to do about Stockton
> just pay him 4-5 mill, he has accomplished quite a lot also. It is at
> least enjoyable to agree to disagree about Basketball for a change on
> this list instead of some of the other crap that has been talked about.
> Regards,
> Hart

Jordan proved in the Pacers series that he ain't Jordan without the total control of
the referrees. I believe Jordan is a fake, though I concede he is one great
basketballer.

When the Bulls defeated the Jazz they were nothing in game 6 without Pippen on the
floor. Pippen is the leader of that team. I dont believe Malone to be the leader of
that team, but the best point guard to play the game (sorry Cooz) in Stockton.

Warwick