Re: Malone & $20mil

Shawn Roth wrote:

> Pippen is hardly the player that Malone is.  With Malone you know exactly what
> you are getting, a floor leader with the drive to win, with Pippen you can't be
> quite sure.  Are you getting the Pippen when he was with Jordan, or the loser
> he was without Jordan.  Pippen is no leader, and should not be compared to
> Malone.
>
> Shawn
>
> P.S.  The Bulls happily paid the best player, who was also aging, in the game 36
> Million.  When he retired I think that Malone becomes the games best player.

Firstly, there is a vast difference between Jordan and Malone and no
fair comparison can be made. I think that Malone may be the best of a
poor lot of Superstars (Shaq, Hill, Hardaway, Payton, Etc.), but none
that are Jordanesque. With all due respect to Malone and Pippen, they
ain't good enough to carry a team to win a championship in the same way
that Michael can. IMO Malone has more downside right now at his age than
upside. To pay him 20 mill because of his past accomplishments aint
gonna happen in todays NBA environment. Besides if you pay him all that
money, for his past deeds, then what are you going to do about Stockton
just pay him 4-5 mill, he has accomplished quite a lot also. It is at
least enjoyable to agree to disagree about Basketball for a change on
this list instead of some of the other crap that has been talked about.
Regards,
Hart